Random Blog A Musing Farf

Friday, September 28, 2007

A TRIVIA QUESTION

You know all those movies where the bad guys set up a bomb with a digital timer and the good guys cut the wires and stop the clock? Well, the question is: Have you ever seen a film where the good guys cut the wires and the timer keeps going to zero, but the bomb does not diffuse (since you know, they are cutting the wires to the bomb and not the timer itself)?

A friend bet a colleague $50 that such a movie existed, and offered me half if I helped him find the answer. So, anyone know? I could really use $25 toward my “quit being a lawyer and be a dog trainer” fund….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I know. John Lithgow movie from back in the '80s called The Manhattan Project. A kid builds a nuclear bomb, and they diffuse it. The timer goes to zero, the flashbulbs go off, but because they disconnected the fissal material, no boom.

You owe me $12.50. :)