Random Blog A Musing Farf

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

WHO ARE YOU?

I have pulled out yearbooks and trotted off old pictures. I think you are Tina, but I also feel that if I am wrong, I risk offending you and if you are Tina, I have no way to contact you and ask.

Yes, anonymous stranger who commented on my blog a few days ago – you have taken over my life. I think back to Mr. McClintock’s chemistry class and remember never being on time. It was first period and my carpool was always late. One time, I brought him an Egg McMuffin and, with a smile, claimed I had car trouble on the way in. It wasn’t my fault we broke down in the McDonald’s parking lot.

And, I remember getting in trouble a few times for talking too much with my lab partner, but try as I might, I can’t remember your face. And it has been keeping me up nights.

Here is what I do know. I know you are not Cari or Leigh because they had class with Mr. Neary. And I don’t think you are Martha, because I seem to remember she was in Mr. Neary’s class as well. So then I think you must be Tina. And then I doubt myself…

Of all the schools I have ever attended, I never felt as comfortable anywhere as I did at Loomis Chaffee. The friends I made at Loomis are the ones I think about when I really need a friend and I am upset that I grew apart from so many people there, either through distance or maturity.

Tomorrow, when I am back in CT for Thanksgiving, I will ask my mother if she remembers who you are, but it was almost 16 years ago that we sat next to each other. But I really want you to reveal yourself. Or, at the very least, give me a hint toward your identity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh crud I forgot to check your blog this week or I would have commented earlier.

Yes it's Tina! That's me. Your lab partner. I remember Mr. MacClintic bringing in his dalmaation, Aristotle, or some other sciencey name, during lab time and the pup would chomp on ice. That was fun.

AND I remember the class with the Egg McMuffin. Good Times! Yay!

I'm most excited that I got a mention on your blog. Sweet!

Go Mighty Pelicans.

Sara said...

Yippee. I even pulled out a note you wrote me right before graduation (just found it last week) and you mention chem class. I am so excited to have solved the mystery. Now, to call LC and discover your email address...