Random Blog A Musing Farf

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

BE VERY AFRAID

You Passed 8th Grade Math

Congratulations, you got 9/10 correct!

I am afraid of numbers. I don't balance my checkbook because it always comes out wrong and my childhood dreams of being a marine biologist were crushed by the realization that science means math classes. So I went to law school.

I still hate math but since this is the first time I have ever not failed a math quiz, I thought I would ask other people to take it and let me know how they did!

I would write more about my feelings on math (I still hate it) but Suzanne posted perfectly my feelings on the subject. And besides, I am not just a lazy student but apparently a lazy blogger.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got the same....i wonder if no matter what you type u get 9 out of 10

Suzanne said...

Which one do you think you got wrong? I think I might have gotten the question about -7 wrong. I put that it is a prime number, but maybe it is an integer? I never remember these things...

Anonymous said...

A perfect score is possible. And yes, it is an integer. Prime numbers are whole numbers greater than one that are only divisible evenly by themselves and one.

Anonymous said...

I got 8 out of 10. Either I am a fluke, or it is possible to fail the test. I had no idea what a ^ was . . . .

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Sara's mom :-)

Anonymous said...

Too busy teaching to take 8th grade math test until today (Sunday)! Of course I got 100%, which translates to 10 out of 10 correct. I'm so proud of myself since I only teach math through grade 6. It must have been pure luck because I find myself using the teacher's edition to look up answers when teaching grade 1, 2, 3, and 4 math!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I got 9/10. Coudn't figure out the 2,2,3,4,5 thing. What's a mode? What's a standard deviation. Don't remember learning about that.