Random Blog A Musing Farf

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

NEVER FORGET

My friend Wendy is doing the Alzheimer’s memory walk in support of her father. Currently 4.5 million Americans have Alzheimer's disease, and by 2050 the number of individuals with Alzheimer’s could total 16 million. Proceeds from the Memory Walk go directly to fund local programs and services designed to improve the lives of those affected by Alzheimer's. If you have a second, please click here and help lend your financial support.

Losing my memory and knowledge of my surrounding is one of my greatest fears. I can not even begin to imagine what it would be like to not recognize Husband or Sister and know who my friends are. I can not begin to imagine the terror of waking up and not knowing where I am.

So, without Wendy’s knowledge I am posting this link to her page and asking everyone to make a small donation.

No comments: