Random Blog A Musing Farf

Friday, September 01, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD. NOW IMPEACH BUSH.

Today is a pretty cool day for several reasons. First, it is my Dad's birthday. Happy birthday Dad!

Turns out that more than just being my Dad's birthday, it is also Bloggers Impeach Bush Day. My friend Suzanne, who has an awesome blog which everyone should read, posted about this today so I wanted to follow suit.

The reasons to impeach Bush (or frankly, just shoot him dead - wait, am I going to be arrested for this? We don't have to kill him, we can just lock him away for ever!) are obvious. He has engaged in an illegal war, pretty much disregarded the Constitution and been an embarassment to America. I mean, this is a man who once remarked to the press "I have opinions of my own --strong opinions-- but I don't always agree with them." And yet, his strong opinions keep scientists from using stem cells to combat disease, make abortion inacessible and unaffordable, widen the gap between the rich and everyone else, and prevent people of the same sex in a loving relationship from getting married. Wow. I wonder what he would do if he did agree with his opinions.

But, since I try to keep this blog from ever being too serious, I thought the best way to celebrate Impeach Bush Day is simply to ask that everyone click here and then think really hard about what you read before heading into the voting booths in November.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Rock it.