Random Blog A Musing Farf

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

CALGON, TAKE ME AWAY. PREFERABLY TO A SPA FOR THE WEEKEND

If I could, I would quit my job and be a full time homemaker. Well, not quit forever, because I might get bored, but I would at least take a sabbatical and just cook stuff. Unfortunately, this is Husband’s dream as well and since one of us has to earn money and obtain health insurance and since I publicly promised to support Husband if he quits Big Law Firm, he gets first dibs on staying home. Bummer.

While I generally like my job, it has started to interfere with my social life. I hate that. This week alone, I am planning a baby shower and bachelorette party on the same day, going with Wuzi to look at wedding locations, had a going away dinner for G____ at Peter Lugars and have to head up to CT for Kol Nidre services and Yom Kippur. And the Partner for whom I work keeps asking me about a memo he assigned weeks ago and I have not even begun to write. I tried to explain to Partner that my social life was too full to do work, but he looked at me like I was nuts. I think he thought I was kidding.

And yet, here I am blogging and looking at the internet and trying to get a Blog Award . Sigh. Maybe I just need a vacation…

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I think you have your priorities straight. Then again, look at the source...